Photo Expo has once again come to a close. A crazy three day whirlwind of seminars, cameras, networking, BMX bikes and fun at the cavernous Javits Center, NYC!
Some fun things:
1. HDDSLR with Vincent Laforet seminar Thursday morning.
2. Free Black Rapid Strap giveaway if you recite something they tell you to say from their Twitter
3. The coffee in the press lounge
4. Seeing old friends and making new friends
5. The BMX ramp!!!!
6. Learning, learning, learning at the seminars and by talking to folks. Everyone was very generous with their time
7. The parties!
Some not as fun things:
1. The Javits Center
2. The fact that there was less space in the area they used in the Javits center, thus making
it almost impossible to walk down the showroom aisles. Check out my video to find out first hand accounts of the Expo.
3. The coffee in the press lounge!
4. It was sub degree temperatures in the seminar rooms
5. Some of the seminars were really not as good as other seminars. But I guess that's all subjective.
As I reflect on my first expo that I attended in 2002. I had just graduated from college and didn't really know anyone in the NYC photo industry. I feel as though I have made some large strides since then. DSLR camera's have also made some large strides. Now we have as many megapixels as we can dream off and we can shoot HD video with our DSLR cameras and we can actually afford these cameras!! They are not for the elite top photographers, they are for you and me and your parents too. I'm hopeful that next year I will be as impressed with the developments in HDDSLR cameras and that the prices tags will also make me equally happy.
Until next year!